Avenues of Service
Our commitment to Service Above Self is channeled through the various Avenues of Service, which form the foundation of our club’s activity.
- Club Service focuses on strengthening fellowship and ensuring the effective functioning of the club.
- Vocational Service encourages Rotarians to serve others through their vocations and to practice high ethical standards.
- Community Service covers the projects and activities the club undertakes to improve life in our community.
- International Service encompasses actions taken to expand Rotary’s humanitarian reach around the globe and to promote world understanding and peace.
- Youth Service recognizes the positive change implemented by youth and young adults through such leadership development activities as RYLA, Rotaract, and Interact, service projects, and creating international understanding with Rotary Youth Exchange .
Community Services Projects
We are involved in a number of community services projects and activities, some on a once-off basis and others on an ongoing basis.
Funding is obviously a requirement for many (most) of our projects. Our members primarily donate their time and effort to our projects, although many also make contributions in money and goods/materials from time to time.
We therefore rely to a large extent on donations and sponsorships. We also have access to the Rotary Foundation for grant funding (and we also contribute to the Foundation).
We supplement this with fundraising activities from time to time, either for our general welfare/project funds, or for a specific project or beneficiary.
Fellowship is one of the foundations of Rotary and underpins what we do. Indeed, the first object of Rotary is “the development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service.“
We have regular social and club events. More importantly, we see all our projects and club activities as opportunities for fellowship and fun, and for the development of acquaintance and friendship.